Would you attempt to repair your car’s transmission? Probably not. More likely, you’d seek the training and experience of a certified professional to save time, and avoid costly mistakes. The same should be true of selling your home. The right realtor can help present your home in the best possible light, price your home appropriately, and guide you through negotiations to ensure that you receive the best possible price and terms.
Here are a few criteria to help you choose a realtor.
1. Education. The most important factor in choosing a real estate professional is their education in the real estate industry.
2. Experience and Expertise. You want a full-time agent who is familiar with your area and with the type of property you intend to sell. Does he or she employ a diverse range of marketing and advertising strategies? How tech-savvy is your agent? How many similar properties has he or she been able to sell in the past?
3. Availability and Commitment. Your agent should be capable of prompt and decisive action during the course of selling your property. Does your agent make it a point to keep in touch with you constantly? Can your agent easily be contacted in case of emergencies or even for the simplest questions? Is your agent available on the weekends or in the evenings when most buyers are out looking?
4. Rapport. Does your agent take the time to listen to your goals and clarify your needs? Can your agent understand your unique situation and be genuinely concerned about the outcome of the process? Your listing agent will be your guide and partner in this crucial decision, so it is important to find one with whom you can get along.
5. What Is Your Property Worth?
Without a professional agent, most independent property sellers tend to overestimate the value of their property. You can avoid this pitfall by consulting with an experienced real estate listing agent.
Why Choose Me?
I have advanced training and education, enabling me to be among the top producing agents in the area. I possess in-depth knowledge of the real estate markets that I serve (Chapel Hill, Durham, Hillsborough). When selling a home, I employ a variety of marketing strategies, across many digital and social channels. I am a certified pricing specialist, and am a master negotiator.
My goal is to make this transaction as seamless and stress-free as possible. I will do this through attention-to-detail, being available to you at any time, and complete honesty. I need you to be a happy client. When I deliver upon my promise, I hope that you will refer me to others in your network.